Uls Gard Solution for horses and ponies to support gastric health and as an aid for foals with loose bowel movements
Uls Gard Solution is a calcium-based supplement containing neutralizing alkaline agents. Also it is:
- Powerful and effective liquid formulation to help maintain gastric health and comfort.
- Contains key ingredients to help support gastric health, including pectins, lecithin, aloe vera, marshmallow root, glycine, liquorice.
- Provides nutritional support to help maintain a healthy gastric pH, including calcium and magnesium carbonates.
- Contains natural prebiotics from chicory.
- BETA NOPS and UFAS accredited, ensuring our products do not contain prohibited substances and are suitable for horses competing under FEI regulations and the Rules of Racing.
A calcium-based supplement containing neutralizing alkaline agents.
Horses are designed to trickle feed – grazing for up to 16 hours a day. This means that they need to constantly secrete acid to help digest this almost continual source of food entering their stomach. A grazing horse will also produce up to 9 gallons of saliva a day which as well as lubricating the food, also acts to buffer or neutralize the acid.
Gently soothing and coat the stomach lining, Uls Gard Solution it ideal for horses under stress, on high grain diets or that have a sensitive stomach.
Tell-Tale Signs of Ulceration:
- Dull coat
- Loss of weight and condition
- Yawning or gulping excessively
- Pain when ‘girthing up’
- Loose droppings
How does Uls Gard Solution work?
Uls-Gard works in four ways:
- By neutralizing acid in the stomach with effective anti-acids
- Soothing and coating the stomach lining
- Healing any underlying ulcers
- Firming stools
Uls Gard Solution all the benefits of the pellets in an affordable way that is ideal for use as a maintenance product and this can also be fed orally to foals with loose stools.
Available 1 Ltr ( 33 days supply maintenance) and 5 Ltr (166 servings).
Equine America Uls-Gard Solution have been formulated using carefully selected ingredients to help maintain gastric health and comfort including:
- Calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate help to neutralize the acid.
- Pectins, Marshmallow root and Liquorice – to help produce mucilage which acts as a physical protective barrier for the unprotected upper portion of the stomach
- Aloe Vera and Glycine – to help support the gastric mucosa (lining of the stomach).
- Prebiotics from chicory, to help support a healthy gastric microbiome.
Additional Management factors to help support digestive health and comfort:
- Turnout to grass where practical and possible, ideally with a placid companion, even if only for short periods.
- Ensure ad lib forage where practical. For good doers, where calories are restricted, offer very frequent, but controlled amounts of forage, with the largest allocation overnight. Select clean, but low calorie forage to enable larger amounts to be offered.
- Offer forage in different locations in the stable to encourage natural foraging behaviour.
- Try to reduce social stressors such as bullying stable mates, or proximity to the feed store.
- Feed a good double handful (or 1 round scoop) of alfalfa chaff before exercise or competition warm-up to provide a protective barrier in the stomach – even if forage is available in the stable or lorry.
- Consider replacing some starch-based calories with Ultimate Omega Oil in the diet .
Benefits of Uls-Gard Solution
- Natural support for gut health and comfort (Calcium, magnesium, lecithin, pectin, glycine)
- Beta Glucans from high nucleotide yeasts to support a healthy gastric mucosa
- Alfalfa and soya hulls base to provide a protective fibrous mat
- Palatable and easy to mix for fussy feeders.
- Suitable for foals at a reduced serving rate
A complementary feed for horses designed to support gastric health as part of a balanced diet. Net volume 1 Ltr.
Feeding Directions: For horses and ponies: 30ml twice per day for 21 days, thereafter 30ml per day. Maximum 60ml per day.
For foals: 10ml twice per day for 7 days, thereafter 10ml per day. Maximum 20ml per day.
Additives (per litre): Sensory additives: 1c322i Lecithin Liquid 41,700mg, 2b17034 Glycine 13,800mg, 2b Althaea Officinalis, (Marshmallow) Extract 25,000mg.
Composition: Calcium Carbonate, Aloe Vera, Chicory, Magnesium Carbonate, Kaolin, Liquorice Root, Apple Fibre Pectin.
Analytical Constituents: Crude Protein <1.0%, Crude Oil <1.0%, Sodium <1.0%, Crude Fibre <1.0%
Crude Ash 10.5%, Moisture 78.5%